Sunday, August 23, 2015

outline from last night


Last night we spoke about forgiveness.

Forgiveness flows more readily when we realize

1. that the person who hurt us is a shaliach, that Hashem is speaking to us from behind the scenes and, 

2. that the person who hurt us is changing and growing (we hope) in the positive way that we are evolving!  

We mentioned that it is important to forgive ourselves for our flaws as well.  We tried a method (taught by Rav Doniel Katz) of looking at a midah that we don't like in ourselves, sending it rachamim, acceptance, and turning to Hashem and asking Him to send it rachamim- thereby, making space for Hashem within all parts of us.

We read the words of Rabbi Zev Leff: "The essence of Elul is Ani L'Dodi VeDodi Li: I must rediscover my ani- my essence, my identity as an individual and as part of Klal Yisrael.  I must also identify Dodi, Who my Beloved is; and then, automatically, VeDodi Li- I will discover that my Beloved is indeed close to me, standing at my feet, ready to embrace me.  Thus, Elul is a time of introspection and contemplation, a time of defining perspectives and roles, a time of becoming better acquainted with our friends, neighbors, and the community of Klal Yisrael."

Please add Rabbi Leff into your tefilos: Ze'ev Yaakov Moshe ben Chaya




No comments:

Post a Comment